- This event has passed.
Online Career Day
4:30-5:00 PM Poster Session 1
5:00-5:30 PM Poster Session 2
5:30-6:30 PM Networking
More information about posters and presenters can be found here
The VBRN Career Day registration is now open! Every attendee needs to register for the event by clicking here. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email from Remo that has some useful technical tips.
While the event will begin at 4:30 PM ET, the Remo virtual space will open at 4:15PM to allow guests to log on early and test their video and microphone. VBRN has hired technical assistance for the event that will be available beginning at 4:15PM. We encourage guests, especially the student presenters, to log on early to make sure everything works.
Instructions for student presenters
In lieu of a traditional research poster, students are asked to present more in the style of a graphical/visual abstract (resources on how to do this provided below).
- Prepare a graphical abstract (emphasis on images rather than text)
- A maximum of five slides is allowed
- Submit (in PDF form) your presentation to VBRN (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, March 31, 2021 by 3:00 pm ET
- Be sure to include your name, institution, presentation title, and complete list of research authors for the presented work
- Presentations will be uploaded to the VBRN website by April 5, 2021 in order for attendees to view the presentations before the event
- This will also serve as a digital backup if the presenter has technical issues during the event
- During the poster session, we encourage presenters to share only ONE slide in an effort to promote more group discussion
- Details on how to share the slide via Remo are provided below
Graphical/Visual Abstract Resources
Don’t get too bogged down by the design programs mentioned in many of these resources (PowerPoint is a great design tool to use for this!). Instead, focus on the communication tips given for creating a graphical abstract.
We will be using Remo as our virtual platform for this event. Here is a product demo video for those who would like to learn more about the event environment. In preparation for the event, we will hold a practice session closer to April 7 so that anyone interested can logon to Remo and practice navigating the platform.
Other useful tools include:
- Checklist before attending a Remo event
- Remo event guide for guests
- To present, there are two main options: using the ‘share screen’ or ‘whiteboard’ feature. Read pages 30-31 of the event guide for details.
- Remo allows participants to create a profile that can act as a business card and enhance networking opportunities. Read pages 17-18 of the event guide for details.